Thursday, March 15, 2007

Podcast tech task

In order to learn more about podcasting in the classroom I took a look at Radio WillowWeb. There was a podcast created by first graders entitled "Awesome and Amazing Ants." The first graders shared interesting facts about ants and told ant jokes. I did my internship in a grade one class so I found this podcast to be very interesting. My students also learned about ants but I never considered that a podcast could be used to support this topic in a classroom made up of such young students. This showed me that podcasts are a great way for students to share their learning. Grade one students who cannot write much yet could certainly demonstrate their knowledge through podcasting. I now feel that this a medium that could be used with young children and I believe many students would find the process very engaging.

To listen to this podcast click on the link below.
Awesome and Amazing Ants

No comments: