Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mac or PC?

The debate continues to rage when choosing a computer. Should a person get a Mac or a PC? There are several factors to consider, including software availability, ease of use, speed, the look of the computer and more. When working on our major project for this class we tried to use Macs but we found them so different that we got confused and couldn't make anything work the way we wanted it to. He ended up switching back to Windows and everything ran smoothly. This would make me think that Windows was better except that I have heard too many people tell me differently. Everyone who has familiarity with both seems to prefer Macs. My sister used Windows all her life until she got a job where she had to learn how to use a Mac. She found it frustrating at first, but now says she would never buy a PC again. The Macs are so easy to use. I have heard several other people say the same. Therefore, I think when I have the time to learn how to use a Mac I would really like to. I was stressed for time when I tried the Macs for the major project, but if I had more time to practice I think I would really benefit from learning. It seems that Macs really are better.

I also found this website that explains some of the pros and cons of both Macs and PCs. Feel free to check it out and let me know which you prefer.

Macs vs. Windows

1 comment:

Gnuosphere said...

I hope more and more people begin to ask "proprietary or free?". GNU/Linux is, IMHO, the best choice because it gives users the freedom to share, change, and distribute their software. This is the best way to form a cooperative community as it takes an effective measure against the digital divide.